Health Sciences Libraries Group (HSLG)
The Health Sciences Libraries Group, of the Library Association of Ireland, is committed to empowering all our members to excellence in the field of information management, and by doing so advancing health for all.
The HSLG Committee is elected by members of the group at our annual general meeting. The Committee represent the interests of members by organising events and other continuing professional development opportunities; making financial decisions and maintaining an account of funds; by providing forums for discussion and exchange of ideas, including our newsletter HINT, email discussion list and website; and, by promoting the interests of health librarians and information specialists.
Our goals are to:
- network, collaborate and share knowledge
- provide opportunities for members to engage in continuing professional development
- develop and support an evidence-based approach to professional practice
- promote and advocate for our profession
Membership of the group is open to all members of the Library Association of Ireland.
Joining the Health Sciences Libraries Group
The HSLG of the Library Association of Ireland (LAI) represents the interests and concerns of all who work in Irish health libraries and associated information settings. Membership is open to all members of the LAI.
To join, please read our HSLG policies and procedures document and fill in the online short form: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/HSLGmembership/. If required, email email@example.com with any queries.
Would you like to join our committee? Nominations for new members takes place at every AGM (but may also be approved during the year). Download our nomination form here: HSLG_committee_membership_nomination_form.
The HSLG discussion mailing List was created for health science librarians and information professionals in Ireland. Membership of the mailing list is open to anyone with an interest in the subject. Instructions for joining HSLG discussion List:
1) Go to this link: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/HSLGList/.
2) Please read the Terms & Conditions and click “yes” if you accept them.
3) You will be redirected to a HEA Listserv web page. Click “Subscribe” and enter your details.
4) A confirmation email will be sent to you – please check your Inbox and Spam folders for this message and click on the link in the email to complete your request to join.
5) The HSLG Committee will then receive and process your request.
6) You will receive a confirmation email including the address to use to post to the new HSLG discussion list
HSLG Committee 2020-2021
- Mary Dunne (Vice Chair/Research Officer)
- Linda Halton (Communications)
- Niamh Lucey (Chair)
- Noreen McHugh (Treasurer)
- Mairea Nelson (Events & Membership Officer)
- Miriam Williams (Secretary)