We have a new issue of our newsletter HINT (Health Information News & Thinking)
Download HINT Winter 2021
- A Christmas message from the HSLG by Niamh Lucey, p.2
- IFLA Congress 2021 by Mary Dunne, p.3
- Research and information intersection: All research starts with a question by Bernard Barrett, p.9
- New beginnings for two HSE libraries by Shauna Barrett and Linda Halton, p.10
- L2L Joint Digital Badge 2021: Experiences of health sciences librarians by Maura Flynn, p.14
- How to add bookmarks & internal hyperlinks to a Word/PDF document by Niamh O’Sullivan, p.16
- LITE reading (Library, Information, Technology & Evidence) by Mary Dunne, p.18
- Book review: Fever Dream by Samantha Schewblin by Elaine Peppard, p.24
- Feature of frivolity! Tilda as a library: a thread on Twitter by Niamh O’Sullivan, p.25
For past issues go to our HINT archive
- A Message to the Future: Rotunda’s Time Capsule (Elaine Peppard)
- The Library Becomes a Place to ‘Spark’ and Make Ideas a Reality (Natasha Smith & Miriam Williams)
- HSLG Virtual Journal Club Report: Reflective Practice in Health Sciences Librarianship (Breeda Herlihy)
- Review of YHEC Zoom Training: Advanced Search Strategy Design for Complex Topics:
- Strategy Development, Text Analytics and Text Mining (Anne Madden)
- Research and Information Intersection (3): Creating a Research and Information Needs Analysis (Bernard Barrett)
- Tips for Writing in Plain English (Niamh O’Sullivan)
- Book Review: “The Adventures of China Iron” by Gabriela Cabezón Cámara (Elaine Peppard)
- LITE Reading (Library, Information, Technology & Evidence) (MaryDunne)
Our first issue of HINT (Health Information News and Thinking) for 2019 is finally here!
This issue is a HSLG 2019 Conference Special so there’s plenty of photos and reviews of the conference held in February this year.
To view our latest issue click here
We love to hear about new initiatives, projects and events running in your library. If you would like to submit content for the Summer issue of HINT please send details to email@example.com
Please click on the link below to view our latest issue of HINT. Thank you to all our contributors. Enjoy!!!
Please click on the link below to view our latest issue of HINT. Thanks to our contributors. As always, HAPPY READING!
Please click on the link below to view our latest issue of HINT. Thank you to all our contributors. HAPPY READING!!!
Our latest issue of HINT is out now! This issue includes information on how to submit your poster/presentation abstract for next year’s HSLG annual conference. Anne Madden gives us an update on The HEAL Project and Bernard Barrett talks about the deployment of Research and Information Mentors within Tusla. Also included in this issue are reports on recent training events attended by HSLG members, upcoming courses/conferences and our regular ‘Handy Hints’ feature courtesy of Niamh O’Sullivan. I hope you all enjoy this issue.
Click here to view the latest issue of HINT. In this bumper issue we have a number of reports from our bursary winners on the recent ICML/EAHIL conference that took place in June in Dublin Castle. We have a very interesting report from Grace Hillis on her visit to the National Library as part of the LAI’s Library Ireland Week Library Staff Exchange Scheme and information on how to get involved with the #EvidenceInformedHealthcare campaign. This issue also includes regular features such as our fantastic ‘Handy Hints’ column brought to you by Niamh O’Sullivan and information on upcoming library related conferences and training events. On behalf of the HSLG committee team we hope you enjoy our latest issue of HINT.
Marie and Mary, Communication Officers, HSLG.