The HSLG committee are excited to announce our 2023 conference will take place on Thursday 9 March in the Ashling Hotel, Dublin.
This year’s theme is ‘Time to reflect: managing our professional development’ which is relevant to all librarians and information specialists in Ireland.
Time for professional development may sometimes seem like a luxury amid hectic work-schedules. However, having a structured development plan is an investment in ourselves, our practice and our profession. This conference aims to provide practical advice on CPD management, and to enable a discussion about what organisations, including the HSLG, LAI and our employers, can do to enhance the scope, value and effectiveness of our professional development.
We have invited some well-known speakers to provide their insight:
- Jane Burns – CPD serendipity, challenges and opportunities- developing a framework for health librarians
- Mary Buckley & Isabelle Courtney – Making a commitment to your professional development
- Marie O’Neill – Five key competencies for librarians
Kate Kelly (RCSI) and Liis Cotter (HLI) will lead a panel about CPD in their organisations. We want to understand what works well and what could be adopted as good practice across our sector.
Of course, we are pleased and grateful that some of our members will also present at our event:
- Ailish Farragher – Supplemental searching in the health sciences: the view from Plato’s cave”
- Marie Carrigan – Using PRESS for search peer review
- Jim Healy – Continuing professional development and learning from the experience of others
- Anne Madden – I’ll show you mine if you show me yours
Do join us for a day for chat and sharing, where we can learn how to improve and demonstrate our value together.
Note: The Bernard Barrett Bursary is a special award to enable HSLG members from across Ireland to attend the annual conference. Members may apply for funds to cover the registration fee and/or travel expenses: https://hslg.ie/about/hslg-bursary/