Welcome to the first European Association of Health Information and Libraries (EAHIL) Conference being held in Riga, the capital city of Latvia, from 11th to 14th June 2024.
The Conference theme “Small Step and a Giant Leap: Reorienting Towards a New Environment” captures the need for libraries to adapt and thrive in an evolving landscape by embracing both incremental changes and significant advancements. We are excited to announce the conference theme has been carefully crafted to build upon the inspiring ideas of the 2023 theme.
The Conference theme addresses various questions, such as:
- How can libraries serve as catalysts for innovation, facilitate interdisciplinary collaborations, and empower users to actively participate in the creation and sharing of knowledge?
- How will libraries and librarians support research in their new environment in the foreseeable future?
- How can technology be leveraged to support and engage users of health-related information and data?
Let’s contribute and create an environment where libraries are not just repositories of knowledge, but agents of change in the quest for supporting research and innovation!
We look forward to offering you a warm welcome with opportunities for engaging discussion and a chance for librarians and friends from around the world to meet here in Riga!
- Abstract submission opens: September 2023
- Deadline abstract submission: end October 2023
- Notification of acceptance: December 2023
- Authors confirm final versions of abstracts: January 2024
- Authors confirm attendance: March 2024