The first meeting of the new HSLG Committee took place in Dr Steevens’ Hospital on 21 June 2016.
We acknowledged, with thanks, the departing Committee members – Caroline Rowan, Diarmuid Stokes, Anne Murphy and Brian Galvin for their great work; and welcomed two new members: Mary and Shauna.
HSLG Committee Members 2016
– Michael Doheny (Chair)
– Bennery Rickard (Vice-Chair)
– Louise Bradley (Secretary)
– Louise Farragher (Treasurer)
– Mary Dunne and Shauna Barrett (Communication Officers)
We had a good discussion about the year ahead. Here are a few of the key points:
– The next issue of HINT is coming soon.
– The Committee agreed that we would take an in-depth look at continuing professional development for Irish health librarians over the next 12 months. We also hope to provide a very interesting one-day CPD course on 24 August 2016 – watch out for details coming soon!
– Because the International Congress of Medical Libraries (ICML), is taking place in Dublin next year (12-15 June 2017), we won’t be holding a HSLG conference. We will however have a session for HSLG members at ICML. An ‘open forum’ was suggested. ICML website: http://eahil2017.net/
We would be delighted to welcome new members to the HSLG Committee. If you would like to join us please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
And don’t forget to visit the HSLG website for updates.
The HSLG Committee