HSLG Virtual Journal Club, 23 June 2022, 11:00 – 11:45am
Article: Tukhareli, N (2017) Bibliotherapy-based wellness program for healthcare providers: using books and reading to create a healthy workplace, Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association. 38(2) Available at: DOI: https://doi.org/10.5596/c17-010
Bibliotherapy presentation_HSLG_VJC_June_2022 by Michael (in slideshow mode – click images for links to useful resources (or right-click image and ‘open link’))
Michael Doheny’s suggested questions:
- What is your overall reaction to the article and the idea of a “Healthy Reading” section in a medical (or other) library?
- What are your thoughts on the extension of such a section into staff and patient support and collaboration with other mental health support staff?
- Should all medical libraries have a “Self-Help” section for patients and staff? Do you feel it could work for your library?
- What steps would be needed to develop a healthy reading (and /or bibliotherapy club) at your library?
- What resources can librarians employ to develop such a collection, national book lists, local counsellors / doctors / own expertise based on library stats and book reviews?
- Could a Library Bibliotherapy service/ club, compliment a Healthy reading book section?
- Any other thoughts, ideas, discussion…