HSLG Virtual Journal Club, 4 May 2023, 11:00 – 11:45am
Hosted by Fiona Lawler, Our Lady’s Hospice and Care Services.
Article: Briscoe S. (2023). Errors to avoid when searching for studies for systematic reviews: A guide for nurse researchers. International journal of older people nursing, e12533. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1111/opn.12533
Fiona Lawler’s Suggested Questions:
- What are your overall thoughts of the paper and can you identify with the list of common search errors covered in the commentary?
- Do you have much involvement supporting researchers in the development of search strategies for systematic reviews or any other types of literature reviews? What are the main issues/challenges that you face?
- Do you have personal experience of reviewing search strategies for peer review? e.g. using the PRESS checklist
- What further steps can we, in the HSLG community, take to support researchers in avoiding search errors?
- Any other thoughts, ideas?
To view a PDF of Fiona’s presentation please click this link: HSLG Journal club presentation 04/05/2023