HSLG Virtual Journal Club, 7 September 2023, 11:00 – 11:45am
Hosted by Noeleen Murtagh, Food Safety Authority of Ireland.
Article: Cox, A. M., & Mazumdar, S. (2022). Defining artificial intelligence for librarians. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science. https://doi.org/10.1177/09610006221142029
Noeleen’s questions for discussion:
- Does your organisation have an Artificial Intelligence (AI) strategy?
- The authors suggest 5 different types of use of AI in libraries, do you agree with these, or can you think of others?
- Do you see a role for your library with AI?
- Should librarians feel threatened by AI?
- Do you see an impact of AI on equality and diversity in the library profession?
To view a PDF of Noeleen’s presentation please click this link: Journal Club Presentation 07/09/2023
Below are some additional resources mentioned in the discussion: